Speed Sensor Selection Assistance
Our engineering team is available to assist with selection of the appropriate sensor technology and modification or customization of a sensor to meet application requirements.
In order to assist in our recommendation, following is a list of application information that is helpful in identifying the best sensor solution:
- What type of output is required? (options include analog sine wave, 0-5VDC, 0-10VDC, open collector). If analog output, what is the minimum output required?
- What is the desired input power?
- What is the operational temperature range?
- What is the desired sensing distance (air gap) from the sensor front to target?
- What is the desired electrical connection (e.g. pigtail leads/cable or connector)?
- What is the desired mounting configuration and/or mounting thread of the sensor?
- What is the desired overall length of the sensor?
- What is the target geometry? (i.e. tooth width, tooth thickness, tooth height, distance between teeth)
- What is the target material?
- What is the number of teeth on the target?
- What is the minimum and maximum RPM?
If all the information is not known/available our engineers will work with you to identify the best solution for your application given the known parameters. Please contact us at 252-331-2080 or email@example.com to discuss your requirements.